If you are ready to invest in yourself and begin the healing process for yourself, your relationships and your future then let’s talk about how I can help you. My clients are highly motivated people that are ready to free themselves from the things that are not working for them in their lives. They understand that the work of therapy requires that they take time to think about our sessions, implement tools and develop a new relationship with themselves.
There are several ways that you can work with me.
- I provide counseling to individuals, couples and families. We live in relationship with others and when they are also part of our work, we can heal together.
What can you expect of working with me.
I love what I do and am passionate about working with people. I think that people are always trying their best and when they find better ways of doing things they naturally implement these new ways of being. I will not judge you but will challenge you.
I am creative and even though I am trained in many different therapeutic styles, I work with individuals so every session is different from client to client. Together we will find the best way that therapy will work for you. Therapy is a place where we will explore the possibilities and new ways for you to live your life.
I am bilingual (English and Spanish), as well as bi-cultural, which allows me to have a personal understanding of the struggles of belonging to two different cultures. I have worked in inpatient and outpatient settings with children, teens and adults. I have extensive experience with those that have severe mental illness and their families and those with substance abuse struggles. I also perform psychosocial evaluations for immigration and work closely with immigration attorneys.
I am experienced in providing therapy for anger management, domestic violence, substance abuse, coping and stress management as well as anxiety. I am a TERM approved therapist and have helped many families to reunify. I also work with couples and families dealing with divorce and parenting. Life is relationships, so healing them opens our world to living the life we know we can have.
I am a certified Oneness Trainer and have completed several programs at the Oneness University in Chennai, India on Mindfulness and Spiritual Awakening.
I am a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, license MFC#47743. I can be reached at 619-370-7545 or you may email me here to discuss how therapy can help you. I graduated with a Master of Arts in Counseling Psychology from Pacifica Graduate Institute.
You could benefit from therapy if you…
- Feel stressed, depressed, or hopeless
- Are unhappy with your marriage or primary relationship
- Are going through separation or divorce
- Need help with your child’s behavioral, emotional or school problems
- Have eating, sleeping, or sexual problems
- Have panic or claustrophobic attacks
- Are involved in an emotional or physical abusive relationship
- Have debilitating fear, anger or guilt
- Are concerned about alcohol or drug use
- Experience profound mood swings
- Experience flashbacks
- Think of suicide
- Experience loneliness and isolation
- Have an overwhelming fear or worry
- Feel like you’re wasting your life
- Behave in self-destructive ways
- Feel deep dissatisfaction with your job
- Have persistent conflicts with co-workers
- Wonder about the direction and meaning of your life
- Are undergoing divorce or separation
- Have survived a trauma, accident, or are in crisis
- Have unexplained fatigue or lack of motivation
- Experience severe emotional stress or anxiety
- Have unusual eating patterns
- Feel your alcohol or drug use has become “abuse”
- Your family thinks you have an alcohol or drug problem